Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Simplicity 2588


This dress was made using a project runway pattern. I like the fact that with these patterns you're offered additional design details. I'm sure you've seen them - but in case you haven't- the patterns offer a couple of sleeve, skirt, waistband, etc. variations, so that you have design freedom, following the theme of becoming your own designer - project runway style.



The fabric that I used is from my stash. I did a burn test to determine the fabric type and I still have no idea. The fabric drapes nice and has a medium hand. There is a slight nap to it. During the burn test it smells of burning hair. The burned edge is not melted like you would see if it was synthetic, yet it did draw up. Before I did this test I actually washed the fabric and ran it through a hot dryer. Now I am wondering if it could be a wool blend?



If it's wool it miraculously survived the very scientific throw it in the washer/ hot dryer and see what happens test.

3 comments:

gwensews said...

That is a very pretty dress, whatever the fabric turns out to be!

Unknown said...

My uneducated guess would be wool blend. ;) Pretty, whatever it is!

Joni said...

Ooh, I love it! I have this same pattern - I fell in love with its retro styling right away - but I haven't started it yet...