Sunday, February 20, 2011

Plaid skirt re-fashion

plaid skirt found with a 22" waist
 
I'm working really hard on the re-fashion pile. I buy things that do not fit me (mostly vintage- since I rarely find vintage in my size). Which wouldn't be a problem; if it wasn't for the fact that I seriously hate to alter/mend. I've had garments sit for days and days waiting on a simple fix like buttons. I'm a seamstress that doesn't like to mend. In a last ditch effort; to attempt digging myself out from under this pile, I plan on two re-fashions for every one new project.
Yep, you heard it here first- 2 to 1.

 
photo credit to Hanna

 My photographer insisted on an action shot.

7 comments:

Sue said...

Cute skirt! I think most seamstresses don't like mending! I leave mine in the pile so long that kids grow out of them and others forget they owned them!

Jen said...

Oh, the pile, out from under I must dig myself! I'm right there with you! The skirt is VERY cute -- I hope you can get through a couple of those a day. I'm not a mender or alterations person either -- I much prefer doing something new. Here's to getting through that pile! I wish you many patient hours of time to do it! :)

Anonymous said...

You and the skirt are really
Adorable!

Tanit-Isis said...

That is a VERY cute skirt! Love those bias-cut plaids.

I must admit I avoid buying stuff to refashion, because I really hate mending/altering too much. And I've seen some really amazing refashions this winter (especially sweaters)... but I just know I'll sit on it forever.

Jo Knox said...

you are so inspiring...
love this skirt.
http://bamboopinkjoknox.blogspot.com/

SewRuthie said...

I also hate mending. I have stuff from my larger size days I plan to alter to fit. There comes a point when you need to be realistic about whether you will actually deal with the stuff or not.

The Creative Miss W said...

I do exactly the same.My pile is growing alarmingly at the moment!