Monday, November 3, 2008

Out and about...


The Pledge

I __________________ pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 / 4 / 6 months. I pledge that i shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoted, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings! Signed__________________.

This is the pledge from the wardrobe refashion site. I am going to re-up. I think that this is such a great movement. I have always been intrigued by the WWII motto:

Use it Up-Wear it Out-Make it Do

I've also seen it:

Use it Up- Wear it Out-Make it Do- or Do Without

Use it Up-Wear it Out-Make it Over-or Do Without

Quite appropriate for the current economic climate, don't you think?

I made this over using a thrifted skirt that was several sizes larger than what I needed. The border fabric was simply gathered. I picked it apart, and used the fabric for the new skirt. Voila!!

McCall's pattern 5591

2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, what a great find! I love that fabric!

lorrwill said...

This is very nice. You have great taste.

(I signed up for Wardrobe Refashion for life.)