Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Simplicity 2764



Simplicity skirt made up in vintage fabric. I always have a hard time cutting into vintage. I'm afraid I won't like the item and will waste the fabric. I am a firm believer in first making a muslin, although I don't apply the theory myself very often. I am impatient and can hardly wait to get to the actual process.
This is a straight forward sew. No surprises. The skirt is flattering on. Although it is pleated, it is fitted on the top, so no extra bulkiness.

6 comments:

sarasophia said...

love the sash on top.
Gorgeous.

<3 sarasophia

Mary said...

I love it with the sash also, and it looks really cute on your shadow :)

Sharon Sews said...

That's a wonderful looking skirt. Adding the sash was a great idea too.

glam.spoon said...

clever shadow photograph... and nice skirt as usual.

gwensews said...

Very pretty. Hooray for vintage!

9010 said...

What a great skirt. I love the sash and your shadow photo!