Monday, August 17, 2009

Simplicity 2593


I am going to risk over using the el word. I love... this shirt pattern. I knew when it was first released that I would have to work it up. Yup, no changes, just exactly as it is featured on the pattern cover. The fabric that I used was thrifted. It is vintage 1989 Lorber Industries of California 6698 "Chambrey Stripe". I made this as part of the print and pattern collection that I've been working on.

The pattern is getting favorable reviews. You can find it here, here, here, and here. If you have made a Cynthia Rowley top, leave me a comment and let me add you to the list. I almost said, I would love to add you to the list.

5 comments:

Salinda said...

Love your top. I made one too! The neck band was troublesome for me. I think I twisted it one too many times before sewing the ends together. When I first put it on the top it just look caddy-wampass. I took it off and twisted it a LOT more. Now it's cute, but not the same as the line drawing. I'll review it tonight and post it on my blog.

Cindy said...

Ditto on the pattern! I haven't tried it with the fun neckline. Ummm...need to head to the fabric store!

Gail said...

I think I definitely must have this pattern. I wouldn't have thought of the stipes - they look fantastic!

gwensews said...

Okay, another L here--Love that top! Interesting neckline, very new, fresh.

lucky knitter said...

Looks great! Thanks for the pattern idea!