Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Frump to Fab

I pulled this dress out of my pile of unfinished projects. Yes, I have a pile of projects waiting to be finished. I'm not proud. This dress has been in the project queue (sounds more legitimate) for over a year. It is the result of a not so successful draping project that I dabbled in.
As it hung on the dress form the skirt continued to get longer. I suppose that I could have called it asymmetrical and wore it anyway, but I'm not a huge fan. I love the fabric to much to give up and call it a wader.


Flash forward one year. I have an event on Saturday that this dress (finished and fabulous) will be perfect for. Where is the sewing world version of underdog? You know, the super hero that shouts out, "HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY." Can I pull it off?
That then becomes the question. Keep your fingers crossed. I don't have much time, but I do have a plan. dun dun dun

3 comments:

Gail said...

It was well worth persisting with. You'll look fabulous I'm sure

gwensews said...

That fabric is so beautiful, it really should be saved!

Linda L said...

That is great looking fabric and glad you can salvage this.