Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Valentines Day


Happy Valentines Day. What's that you say? I'm not quite making it out. I thought I heard; "Today's not Valentines Day." Really? Over? I completely missed the date?


It reminds me a little of my first date with my husband. Somehow the subject of punctuality came up. I was referring to the ten minute window - as if you've no idea what I'm referring to, I do not make the rules people. When it became clear that he had forgotten about this unsaid rule, I had to refresh his memory. The amount of time that you can be late before you are technically late. Fifteen minutes late is just bad form, but up to ten minutes is acceptable, after all life happens... Dead silence.
So he informed me that he had no idea what I was talking about. In fact he went so far as to suggest that being late is just that, late. Imagine.
Knowing him as I do now, I'm a little surprised that there was a second date.




Oh, the apron? I thought it would be appropriate for the occasion. Or rather would have been on Valentines Day.
Find the pattern here.
The fabric is from my stash. I've had it for several years - Mothers Valentines from Mary Mulari, Marcus Brothers Textiles.

huge disclaimer: I no longer subscribe to the misguided assumption that there is a ten minute window. In fact, I deny ever having used this feeble rule as an attempt to justify being tardy. Just in case my husband is reading this blog.

2 comments:

gwensews said...

Very cute apron! Love that fabric.

vicvic said...

That made me chuckle. The apron is very cute! Fabric adorable.